1. My brother and new sister in law (who only got married four months ago at the age of 26) announced that they are pregnant - baby due only two months after ours. I was a little shocked but over the moon for them.
2. I found out by accident that my father is cheating on my mom with a tart young enough to be my daughter (and with a breathy little voice like Marilyn Monroe).... I can't verbalise this right now because it gets me angry and instill murder thoughts in my brain. I shall rationalise this in another post when I am ready. I really hate him right now. Fuck the both of them. Oh....have to stop here.
My first time parents friends rushed out to buy (and assembled on the same night) a baby bed - top of the range from Toys R Us - two days shy of her 10 week milestone. I can understand their excitement and admired their bravery.
The things I have collected so far:
1. Four infant one piece coveralls (furry type, thick for winter), in the colours of pink, lavendar, baby blue and navy blue. I was at the shops with my mother in law, and we came across these great bargains, they were heavily reduced to $2 each. My MIL insisted I buy them straight away because they were good quality rompers and at an incredibly ridiculous price. I was quite reluctant at first (I was 13 weeks then), but she was quite persistant. And so I did.
2. My goodie bag. I have this bag since I was 27. In it there is a cute baby girl dress, probably a tad too small but was meant for a newborn. There is also a yellow one piece overall, suitable for summer, it's cute with little bears on the chest. Then there is my favourite `bear ears' baby bonnet. I used to hold the bear ears against my face whenever I feel down (eg. after a bad IVF cycle). I want to feel something soft and beautiful and want to remind myself this journey is worth pursuing till the end.
3. My sister bought me a `superbaby' bib and two pairs of booties (suitably one pair of pink and one pair of blue). She bought them from Steve Irvin's Australia Zoo. I loved the gifts and the thought of having a piece of Steve's Zoo.
And that is all.