Saturday, November 05, 2005

Never Again (Red, Red Wine)...

Last night I went out and celebrated with a bunch of people - some old, some alot older, and some alot younger - the life as engineers (i.e. a fully company-funded piss-up). It was fun. I haven't had that much fun since ages.

Honestly.

And I am severely hungover today.

I am almost 32 and have never, ever had a hangover in my life - not even during the supposingly hard-rocking years at university. Even this god forsaken computer screen is too bright for me this morning so I have to wear my sunnies whilst typing.

I vaguely remember telling my workmate last night (who at 28 already had six major operations to fix her endometriosis, and was told by her doctors that she has zero chance in conceiving because her disease had so tragically damaged her reproductive organs) to not give up hope, and remember you are too special and you WILL have your babies, and so will I. We will both go on and have healthy babies, our time will come eventually. I said this probably somewhere between my fourth and fifth glass of red wine. She agreed and we hugged. She is getting engaged to her boyfriend of four years in Christmas, who is a wonderful, wonderful man who nursed her back to health after years of depression as a result of endometriosis. She said there is nothing more she want at this point in life but to have a baby with him.

Me too.

I guess we can all live in hope. Just have to remind myself every now and then I need to give myself a break. Just enjoy life the way it is.

I just want to thank everyone of you, even those who only stumble into this blog by accident and find out what a nut I am - for reading my blog.

Sometimes you just want people to know, you want to tell people how tired you are because not too many people (in fact none) can fully understand what goes on in my head - not even Apeman because he is male and tells me `she'll be right' but gets teary when he watches a live birth on TV. From the bottom of my heart I want to thank you for reading, and bless me with a comment and support. It means alot to me - especially alot of you out there are such credible people who are fighting the same battle (and some, thankfully, have won).

Next year is it. (I actually said the same thing last year and the year before that...). But yeah. Next year is it. We are going to approach things head-on.

If only I survive the rest of today nursing this virginal hangover of mine.




3 comments:

OvaGirl said...

I cannot believe this is your first hangover. Sheer madness! (Or alternatively sheer brilliance)

I know what you are saying Drew. I don't know how I would have got through this year without being able to blog. You just want people to understand and to know exactly how fucking hard this is.

And we do know.

Pleased to hear next year is the one. We'll be here with you!

Pamplemousse said...

32??? Never a hangover??? You have been blessed. I thought it was a rite of passage for everyone before 21.

Take care, sweetie.

Kath said...

We might be made of similar chemistry as I didnt have my first hangover until I was about 30. From then on I got them every single time. Sadly, you have hit a hit a wall with booze and can now understand why Apeman can't function properly the morning after. Otherwise it was just the red wine and i suggest you try white wine next time to test it out!

I appreciate your blog, and many others, for the sense of commaraderie I receive. Misery likes company, even if its only in electronic form.