Tuesday, November 28, 2006

We Have Contact

Two days ago I got woken up at 5:36am with serious bubbling of gas in stomach. I promptly went to the toilet to ease myself into a reasonable dump (bowel movement to the more refined) for a bit of a relief.

Once done, I returned to bed, patted Apeman on the head and tried to go back to sleep. The `gas bubbling' had gotten worse. So no more sleep for me and I sat in bed wide awake.

That afternoon, whilst watching TV with Apeman, I complained about the lack of sleep, and suddenly the stomach started to REALLY bubble. I pulled my top to review my dancing stomach, little prods and kicks can been seen clearly - unlike the gentle `nudges' I was feeling before in the lower pelvic region. This time it was right on the stomach.

`OH MY GOD THAT WAS THE BABY!'.

And we have made contact.

10 comments:

Bugsy said...

Oh wow. That is just incredible. How amazing.

Ova Girl said...

I have never yet teared up while reading a post that contains the words "gas" "dump" and "bowel movement".

Until today.


xxx

Meri-ann said...

Wow- what a feeling....

Just another Jenny said...

Isn't it the best? I had some strong enough movement last night that my hubbie could feel it and I think I saw him get a little weepy eye'd.

Mony said...

Drew!
How amazing. Utterly wonderful!
Hello baby.

Susie said...

Drew, that is just beautiful. Am following your journey and really enjoying reading

Em said...

The movements are a great and beautiful thing. Enjoy every moment!

Kris said...

Fantastic!

Sheryl said...

Amazing feeling isn't it! Enjoy it :)

eipwek said...

Yay! I love the kicks and jabs more than anything in the world. It has been the best so far for sure. Take care, momma ;)