Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Brother Is Getting Married

I just found out my brother is getting married in March next year.

Initially I was overwhelmed with happiness – gosh the joys of seeing my baby brother (5 years younger) getting married! The parties! The dresses! The pre-wedding shopping! The cake!!! Oh goody.

Then of course this baby-making business has to come and ruin it for me. A wave of panic washed over me and I cringe at the idea of them having a baby before we do – not that it hasn’t already happened to me before. Literally all our friends and family who married after us are already fastly breeding away. Even the unexpected ones – the couples who got married for the wrong reasons but ended up having the baby who saved the day – and the marriage.

I feel absolutely wicked thinking so negatively towards my own brother. But I can’t help it.

If I get lucky this 6th time I will be 8 months pregnant by the time the wedding comes around. It feels nice even writing it. Pregnant. 8 months. My life is complete.

No comments: